Lead Generation – All MacGyver Ever Needs
You remember MacGyver, the TV series, right? If not, MacGyver was the super-smart agent who could do anything with his ingenuity. He didn’t believe in guns or violence when it could be avoided. OK, so what in the world does MacGyver mean to you, as an Internet marketer?
When it comes to you and your online business, all you need is a bit of ingenuity when it comes to the MOST important activity you can pursue – lead generation. Having a big, responsive list is what will make the biggest difference in your business and your income online.
The first thing you need to do is to sign up for an online autoresponder account. There are stand alone programs you can buy that make it seem far less expensive, but when it comes to deliverability, security, and ease of use, the online autoresponder just makes more sense. They have your back, too, in case any spam complaints arise. Autoresponders also give you the code for an optin box that you’ll use to collect names and addresses for all your lead generation projects.
Anyway, this is a very important tool that you need to have. Why? So you can build lists of names and email addresses. These are the people to whom you will send awesome information so that the folks on your list can come to know, like, and trust you. Then, they’ll site the product recommendations you make and spend money. It also gives your a captive audience for any product you create in the future.
Here are some interesting ways that you can create buzz and be collecting names and email addresses for your list:
- Create a squeeze page: Of course, this is the number one tool for lead generation. Offer potential subscribers something really cool for free and they will sign up for your list.
- Blog: Add an optin box to your blog as soon as you install it. Once this is in place, you’re ready to start blogging every single day. Consistent posting is the secret to building a large audience.
- Facebook: Set up a fan page at Facebook and add an optin box there. Tell all of your friends about it and ask them to become fans. The more fans your page has, the more folks who will come to look, if only from curiosity, and if you engage them, they’ll sign up for your list.
- Tweet: Be sure to have a Twitter account. Give people lots of great information and get them re-tweeting your posts. Every now and then, like once a day, remind people of your free offer on the squeeze page, add your URL, and let your followers sign up for your list.
- Social bookmarking: Bookmark your squeeze page in all the social bookmarking sites that make sense, like Digg, StumbleUpon, Mixx, Reddit, etc. Be sure to write a good comment–like a subtle sales message–for your post so that people will be intrigued.